These days, it is easier to use a coin sorter for money exchange at your bank than finding a functional Coinstar system. You can save time and space by sorting all your coins before you go to the bank.
If you don’t have a coin sorter, there are many types available at a wide range of prices. Some people like using a coin sorter because it helps them keep track of their spare change, which they may otherwise spend on something else with cash. Maybe even load up on a Delivery.com gift card for birthdays and Christmas.
Some people may prefer to keep their coins in jars or cans for personal reasons, but sorting them into cash denominations is definitely a lot more convenient.
Table of Contents
How does a coin rolling sorter work?
The machine usually has a hopper on top where all the coins are poured in to sort these coins. The coins then go through a roller system that uses centrifugal force to separate different coins based on their weight. A coin sorter can be used to sort the coins in different categories such as copper, silver and gold; or to sort these coins depending on their value. You will find various coin sorter reviews that will give you a clear picture of choosing the best coin sorting machine for your business.
To choose the best coin sorting machine, you have to consider various factors such as how big your business is, the number of coins you are dealing with, and the frequency of usage. Here are some valuable tips that can help you choose the suitable coin sorter for your business:
Check whether the machine allows user input
This means that you can type in the value of each coin. This is very helpful, especially if you are dealing with coins from different countries with different currency values.
Check whether the machine is accurate
Accuracy is one of the main factors to consider when choosing these machines, as using an inaccurately priced machine will only cause you more problems than the benefits they give.
Make sure that the machine is durable
This means that it must be made of high-quality materials to prevent any breakdowns in the future, especially if you are going to use this often. A warranty comes in handy to guarantee that the sorting machine will last you for a long.
Check the speed of sorting
As I have mentioned earlier, these machines are mainly used to save time, especially if you do this job manually. Therefore, they must be fast enough to do their job and not create more problems along the way.
Depending on the type of coins that you are dealing with, you have to consider coin compatibility. If you are dealing with different kinds of coins, then this means that the machine has to be compatible with all these coins to sort them out quickly.
The best coin sorter should be able to work automatically by detecting the value of the coins that you will sort out. It must pick up a particular coin mixture and give an exact value or category for sorting without any problems.
The machine’s capacity varies from one model to another based on its design, size and shape. Also, take into consideration the volume of coins that you usually need to sort. As you can see in the coin sorter reviews, some models are suitable for small coins, while others can work on massive volumes of coins at once.
Therefore, please choose a model that is fast and has a high capacity so it can give you great value for your money.
The 5 Best Coin Sorting Machines
1. The Row Electric Coin Counter with Patented Anti-Jam Technology and Digital Counting Display
The Row electric coin counter is one of the best machines to use to sort coins. It has a patented anti-jam technology that prevents any jamming of the machine while counting your coins, which means that you will not have any problems at all.
This machine can also sort different types of currencies, including tokens, silver coins, and gold coins. This machine is very accurate in counting your coins, as you will find on various coin sorter reviews.
Although this machine has a digital display, it only displays the total count of all your coins which may not be suitable for everybody. This machine is also very cheap, making it more affordable than most other machines, so you do not have to worry about breaking your bank.
- The Row electric coin counter has a patented anti-jam technology that prevents any jamming as it sorts the coins.
- This coin sorter has high-quality materials to make sure that you get value for your money.
- This machine is very accurate.
- It doesn’t provide you with detailed information regarding your coins. You get the total count for all your coins which may not be suitable for everybody.
2. Cassida C300 Professional USD Coin Counter, Sorter and Wrapper/Roller
The Cassida C300 professional coin counter is an excellent machine that can count up to 30 coins per second. The sorter only takes about 4 seconds to get the accurate value of your coins which is very impressive. It also comes with a “no jam” technology that prevents jams from occurring while it sorts your coins, making it one of the best machines for your money.
The machine can also sort different types of coins, including tokens, silver coins, and gold coins, making it an excellent choice for value for your money. As if all the features aren’t enough, this coin counter has automatic sensor detection along with an LED display, so you will always know exactly what is going on.
- The Cassida C300 professional coin counter can sort different coins, which is an excellent feature.
- It has a “no jam” technology that prevents jams from occurring while it sorts your coins.
- This machine is very accurate.
- The machine is a bit expensive
3. The Ribao HCS-3300 High-Speed Coin Counter, Heavy Duty Bank Grade Coin Sorter
The Ribao HCS-3300 is another excellent machine for coin sorting because of all the features that it comes with. It has a heavy-duty design which means it can handle different types of coins without breaking down.
So this is perfect for anybody who is in the business of coin sorting. It can sort coins up to 200 times per minute, which means you will get your results in no time at all.
The Ribao HCS-3300 also has an automatic reset function, so when it senses that there are foreign materials inside, it resets itself immediately to work again without any problems.
The machine also has a self-diagnostic feature which means that it can detect any issues with the buttons or sensors to prevent any problems after you buy it.
The other outstanding quality you will enjoy on this coin sorter is the large and wide hopper that allows you to add many coins at once.
- It is designed to be very durable, which means that it can handle different coins.
- It is very accurate when it comes to counting your coins.
- It comes with a 2-year warranty for quality assurance
- Adjusting the controller of this coin sorter is relatively easy, a complaint that most customers have raised.
4. Ribao CS-10S High-Speed Portable Coin Counter and Sorter
This is another quality coin sorter from the Robao CS series. This machine can sort coins about 100 to 150 times per minute which is very impressive. The Ribao CS-10S also weighs around 13 pounds, making it perfect for easy transportation, so you can consistently count your coins without any hassles from different locations.
This machine can detect foreign objects to prevent them from mixing up with the coins and jamming the machine. With the large hopper, you won’t have to count your coins one by one, making counting your coins much more straightforward.
The speed is another recommendable feature that stands out on this machine since it can sort up to 1800 coins in a minute.
- This is a very durable machine since it’s made of stainless steel, making it perfect even for outdoor use.
- The Ribao CS-10S is an excellent choice because of all the features that come with this model.
- This coin sorter can easily detect foreign materials, so you won’t have to worry about jams.
- Finding the spare parts of this coin sorting machine is complex, plus they are costly to buy.
5. The Kolibri KCS-2000 Professional USD Coin Counter, Sorter and Wrapper/Roller
This is another excellent coin sorter that you will love because of the features it has to offer. This machine can sort your coins about 150 times per minute which means you will get your results in no time.
The Kolibri KCS-2000 also has a standalone wrapper that is very convenient to use as you can easily roll your coins for storage.
The machine has a large hopper, which allows you to add more coins at once, and it also includes an automatic reset function if there are any foreign materials detected inside of the coin sorter.
This is a very durable machine that is made of solid steel and weighs about 12 pounds. The hopper capacity is up to 2000, and the device can sort up to 220 coins in a minute.
- The Kolibri KCS-2000 is an excellent choice because of all the features it possesses
- It comes with a large hopper which allows you to add more coins at once without any problems
- This coin sorter has an extra-large removable tray that makes counting your coins more convenient
- You can easily adjust the settings of the coin sorter, but there is currently no instruction manual as to how you should do it, making it a little complicated.
- It is only suitable for USD coins
Q: Can I order these machines online?
Yes, all of these machines are readily available online at affordable prices. You can also choose to look in local shops or your area, but they may not have a variety of coin sorters, so you will be restricted with what you can choose from. You can also read various coin sorter reviews online before you make a purchase.
Q: How do you sort the coins?
Once you have purchased your machine, you need to pour in all your coins and wait until they are sorted by the device automatically. The sorting process usually takes about 5 minutes, depending on how many coins you have. If you run a small business and use a cash register, a coin sorter is great to deal with all the change you take in during the course of business operations.
Q: Can I use these machines to sort other things?
Yes, there are different types of coin sorters that you can choose from depending on the type of material that you need it for. You can find a machine sorting balls, marbles and even screws if this is what you need. Just make sure that your selection process is accurate so that you can get the most out of your machine.
To sum it up, there are many coin sorters on the market, but not all of them are worth spending your hard-earned money on. We have shown you some of the best coin sorters in the industry so you can make an informed decision before buying one. Investing in the best coin sorter will provide your business with an excellent return of investment. So choose one from our reviews.
You can get your children involved by investing in a toy cash register – prepare them for when they can take over your change sorting someday!